USB Satellite TV
Find satellite Channels, Freq. etc
- http://www.sathint.com/optus-d1 - NZ Sky, Freeview, AU SBS(old), AU news
- http://www.sathint.com/optus-d2 - Press TV, RT, NHK World
Satellite setup information NZ
DM04 (cheap and buggy)
DVB-S Satellite - TV Box
Driver: MV0194 (LME2510+SHARP0194)(Version 1.6.24,Applicable for vista64, updated on 2009-05-20)
- Windows XP, Vista (should work on 7) 32/64bit driver: http://core.adriel.co.nz/files/SHARP0194_20090409_x86_x64.zip
- Original driver site: http://www.leaguerme.com/English/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=62 A temporary cached copy of the site by google.
It appears that my box listed above works with a different driver then mentioned above.
- Driver: direct download or mirror
- Driver version: MVB7395 (LME2510C+SHARP:BS2F7HZ7395) (Version 1.6.24, Applicable for vista64, updated on 2009-3-17)
- Compatibility: Tested on Windows 7 x86(32bit)/x64(64bit) and Windows 8 x64(64bit) with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled.
|DVB Viewer or (TransEdit for blind scans)||15 Euro|
DVBDream is recommended (or was back in 2012)
If your trying to install this driver on Windows 8 you may find that it doesn't work. This is because Windows 8 blocks non signed drivers from installing.
To get around you need to enable "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".
Disable Windows 8 Driver Signature Enforcement
- Windows Key + R
- Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
- Click the "OK" button
- System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
- Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
- Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
- Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
- Click "Restart" button
- System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
- Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
- Once the system starts, install the Arduino drivers as you would on Windows 7
DVB-S Satellite - MV0194 (LME2510+SHARP0194)
- https://sites.google.com/site/tvboxspy/lme2510-linux-driver (2020 - link now dead)
TBSdtv (bit more expensive and feature rich)
As of 06/2012 the tbs5922 is the best DVB-S/S2 USB tuner in it's price range. There is one higher spec one, the tbs5925 which can scan lower Symbol rates as well as allot of other awesome things... But it's quite expensive.
Therefor I recommend the TBS5922 alone with an external USB CI reader if required.