Find satellite Channels, Freq. etc
Satellite setup information NZ
DM04 (cheap and buggy)
DVB-S Satellite - TV Box
Driver: MV0194 (LME2510+SHARP0194)(Version 1.6.24,Applicable for vista64, updated on 2009-05-20)
As discussed, a working driver is hard to find.
I have mirrored a copy of the driver as the website where it's hosted seems to go offline from time to time.
It appears that my box listed above works with a different driver then mentioned above.
- Driver: direct download or mirror
- Driver version: MVB7395 (LME2510C+SHARP:BS2F7HZ7395) (Version 1.6.24, Applicable for vista64, updated on 2009-3-17)
- Compatibility: Tested on Windows 7 x86(32bit)/x64(64bit) and Windows 8 x64(64bit) with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled.
DVBDream is recommended
If your trying to install this driver on Windows 8 you may find that it doesn't work.
This is because Windows 8 blocks non signed drivers from installing.
To get around you need to enable "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".
Disable Windows 8 Driver Signature Enforcement
- Windows Key + R
- Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
- Click the "OK" button
- System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
- Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
- Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
- Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
- Click "Restart" button
- System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
- Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
- Once the system starts, install the Arduino drivers as you would on Windows 7
DVB-S Satellite - MV0194 (LME2510+SHARP0194)
TBSdtv (bit more expensive and feature rich)
As of 06/2012 the tbs5922 is the best DVB-S/S2 USB tuner in it's price range.
There is one higher spec one, the tbs5925 which can scan lower Symbol rates as well as allot of other awesome things... But it's quite expensive.
Therefor I recommend the TBS5922 alone with an external USB CI reader if required.